Service Desk Technician - 1st & 2nd line support
|Posted on||8th November 2019|
|Salary/Rate||£21089 - £23761 per annum|
About this job
Provide a 1st and 2nd line support service to internal customers (users) via telephone, email and remote sessions. Providing guidance from initial contact through to resolution and closure by handling and responding to enquiries, which may at times be complex for non-IM&T Staff.
Support the IT Team Leader in providing timely, accurate records for analytical reporting of the overall performance of the Service Desk.
- To record all incidents and service requests in order to provide good data for Incident and Problem Management
- Using initiative to resolve incidents, seeking advice as required in line with departmental policies and procedures
- To restore normal service to the internal customer as quickly as possible, following diagnoses of the incident or service request
- To monitor and track all incidents, assigning the correct priority to incidents and escalation to the relevant area as priorities change
- Ability to use internal systems in relation to the role
- Knowledge of Automatic Call Distributor ACD telephone system
- Active Directory management/administration/maintenance
- Richmond IT Service Management System knowledge/experience
- ITIL awareness
- Core understanding of Microsoft desktop operating systems and associated applications to deal with 1st and 2nd line user queries/resolutions
- Basic Cisco awareness to allow diagnosis through circuit ID's
- Experience of remote fixes, via Remote Desktop Viewer, RDP or other terminal services
- Anti-virus/backup/window update checks/reporting
For further details, contact Renata Horvath on +44 131 473 7037 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.