twitter facebook linkedin


Call us: 0131 473 7030

Bright Purple - Global Recruiters

bookmark

← Back to results page

Head of IT

Glasgow, Scotland

Posted on 13th February 2018
Salary/Rate £60000 - £70000 per annum
Job type Permanent
Our Ref 25636/001

About this job
Head of IT/IT Manager/SAP

An exciting opportunity has a risen for a high achieving Head of IT to make a significant contribution to the growth of our award - winning, international technology business.

Employer
My Client are a global market leader in the design, manufacture and servicing of instrument gas generators for analytical laboratories. With over a decade of sustained high growth and an international footprint of 450 staff across 20 countries, they are one of Scotland's fastest growing manufacturing businesses; a status recognised recently with the accolade of being one of only two companies in the UK to be awarded two Queens Awards for Enterprise in 2016, one of which was for their service offering. Over the last five years the company has enjoyed impressive annual growth between 25 and 30%, overall and 60% growth across the service division, selling 90% of their gas generator products overseas to over 126 countries. Individuals who fit our culture and values will have a high degree of professionalism but appreciate our non- corporate feel in a fun atmosphere.

Role

Reporting directly to the COO, you will be a highly commercial, communicative and collaborative individual and establish rapid credibility with the Board, peers and supplier communities. A strong leader with gravitas you will be tasked with adding value globally and locally, including on time delivery of all programmes and projects.

You will be responsible for:

*Delivering the ongoing IT digital transformation programme and provide effective leadership to ensure the successful delivery of all existing and future development phases
*Managing, motivating and leading an IT team (12) across the globe
*Management of SAP business system transition and business integration
*Ensuring that a robust Disaster Recovery and IT risk management plans are in place
*Setting up and maintain IT standards and protocols ensuing that these are adhered to
*Maintaining ongoing awareness of industry solutions best practice, ascertaining their potential impact on the organisation and its IT strategy as well as defining opportunities for IT-led innovation.
*Leading the IT sourcing and procurement requirements of all IT globally



Key Skills
An exceptional leader of technology teams, with a proven track record of delivering significant business change projects. In addition, you will have:
*Experience of transforming and managing significant Global IT services
*Robust experience of Global or multi-site ERP and CRM deployments, preferably SAP
*Experience of delivering hybrid cloud/on premise IT strategy and vision, across more than one organisation.
*Knowledge of both on premise, cloud and Platform as a Service (PaaS) technologies
*Experience of sourcing, procurement and supplier management is essential
*First-class communication, presenting and influencing capabilities
*Excellent insight into the current technology market place and future developments with an advanced ability to analyse the impact these would have for Peak.
*Experience of working within a manufacturing or distribution environment would be beneficial.


Next Steps

If you like the sound of this role and company 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or you can call me on 0131 473 7067 to discuss.

If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career. Alternatively if you know someone who this may be a fit for please get in touch as we are currently running a generous referral incentive.


Head of IT/IT Manager/SAP

For further details, contact Lauren Jack on 0131 473 7067 or e-mail lauren.jack.33288.2188@brightpurple.aplitrak.com.

Apply