Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
It’s time to tick the old CSR box, right? Wrong!
We take very seriously our responsibility to the people who drive our business forward and the wider communities where we operate. For us, CSR begins at home where the first commitment in our quest to be a socially responsible business is to our people. This is all focused around our values:
- To release the passion in our people and create a sense of fun within the work place
- To maintain a ‘all for one, one for all’ culture within our offices
- To encourage and reward exceptional performance as part of team
- To promote and expect honesty and respect amongst our team of people
- To act with integrity in everything we do
Bright Purple is also involved in supporting local communities and charity activities.
We run an apprenticeship programme called Bright Futures where we offer a fully-paid six month internship to young people who have faced long term unemployment. The programme has not only provided high quality structured training, it has also resulted in a full time career opportunity within our business for many of our apprentices.
Through our Bright Purple Academy we also deliver a number of socially focused training initiatives including Careers Academies Guru Lecture Programme series aimed at helping aspiring young people to develop a career.
In terms of charity support and community engagement, some of the activities we’ve been proud to support include:
- In September 2017 we took part in the 4th Borders Cycle Challenge, in support of Shelter Scotland. The fundraising events was kicked off by a Bright Buffet where the team cooked up some tasty treats, which were devoured by hungry passers-by, who chipped in to get the campaign off to a cracking start with £343.62 raised. After some more bake sales, pub quizzes and hard training (for some!), we eventually took on the actual challenge, which you can read about here.
- Nick surprised an old homeless friend, who has turned his life around brilliantly. Read about it here.
- We hosted the Inspiring Youth Event with UK Army veteran Jaco van Gass which was staged before an audience of aspiring young people, looking for advice and guidance to help them develop their careers
- Bright Purple has held charity-supporting events such as bake sales to raise funds for Breast Cancer Awareness
- Bright Purple people took part in the Byte Night event – to raise funds for Action for Children and we also participate in the annual Edinburgh Moon Walk to raise funds in the fight against Breast Cancer
- Through friends of Bright Purple, we were delighted to take a generous gift of £5,000.00 to Lithuania’s Pabrade Orphanage. Our link with the Vilnius operation of software giant CSC, which has a proud history of supporting the orphanage, led to an introduction between Bright Purple’s CEO Nick Price and the great group of kids living at Pabrade. Our donation is being used on a day care project called Arcus to develop a new shower block and kitchen.
Here are some of our favourite charities. Make sure to check them out!